Resource Type : Unit of Work
Year Level : Foundation/Kindergarten, Year 1, Year 2
Subject : Science, Design and TechnologiesView Resource
Let’s Explore Dairy Cows
This is a unit with six sequences about milk production and the processes farmers use to raise their dairy cows everyday to bring us fresh, great tasting, wholesome milk and dairy products.
* Explore and define the systems used to raise dairy cows;
* Discover methods and technologies on Australian dairy farms;
* Explain why dairy cows are grown, raised and cared for;
* Use and apply concepts and ideas about how dairy cows are grown, raised and cared for;
* Select tools, equipment and techniques to design a drawing, recording or model;
* Revisit the processes used in their work, reflect on and evaluate what they know about how dairy cows are grown, raised and cared for to produce milk and how their family uses milk.
Science, Design and Technologies
Foundation/Kindergarten, Year 1, Year 2
Unit of Work
Six inquiry based teaching phases
We value your feedback, if you think that this resource is missing information or has something you like drop us a note.Provide Feeback